Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Grizzly Bear's Veckatimest leaked three months early


The sad news today that Grizzly Bear's Veckatimest, the follow up to their widely acclaimed Yellow House (2006), has been leaked. It's a poor quality, transcode leak, which makes this all the more unfortunate. According to lead singer Ed Droste on his Twitter: "I'm trying to be zen about the album leaking because I'm "ok with it, but I'm bummer. And apparently it's a low quality rip. So now everyone will be judging it off a crappy rip. Sigh...Was hoping to make it to at least april. I'm cool with it just...so early!" So, so, early. The album was due to be released May 26th. Having just seen them perform with the Brooklyn Philharmonic on Friday, it's extremely disheartening to see this happen to such a talented quartet of guys.
Below I've linked a few songs from the Friday night show in Park Slope.




[encore, not with the philharmonic]


No comments:

Post a Comment