Thursday, January 8, 2009

Good Music at the Buy More



Ah, Josh Schwartz. Love him or hate him, you’ve got to admit, he’s got pretty good taste in music. So when Chuck, the fluffy, somewhat vapid, NBC show (executive produced by – you got it- Josh Schwartz) came on the air late 2007, I was expecting some chuckles and a bunch semi-indie music to accompany the over-dramatic montages that dutifully would unspool by episode end. Well, it’s two years later, and I’ve gotten a whole lot more than just chuckles from my good old Nerd Herd super spy Chuck. I actually like the show. And while it’s not exactly Twin Peaks, and the status-quo never seems to change all that much, I keep coming back for more. While I’m not exactly looking forward to the whole 'Young X-men' movie Rothman has planned at Fox, and I’d much rather Schwartz tried to tackle an onscreen Runaways, I guess it could’ve been in worse hands.

Oh, and the music is pretty damn good too.

I’ve linked a few of my favorites below.


The always great Bon Iver:


Frightened Rabbit (whom they've used several times):





And the Elliot Smith-esq Blitzen Trapper:

No comments:

Post a Comment